Thursday, March 29, 2012

Something old, something new

Old news in this house is:  I'm graduated.  BUT, I didn't get to walk.  This is me walking into 'grad fest' this past December.  If you can't tell, I'm super excited about it.  I'd only been waiting for this moment for what, five years?  Here you pick up your cap and gown, they give out some free stuff, and that's about it.
 I wasn't thinking I'd get pictures taken, but the lady said she'd take them for free, then I could go online and see if I wanted to buy any.  I never did..
Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick up my cap and gown.  It was only allowed to those who are walking that semester.  Which brings me to today.  Today I got to pick up my cap and gown because graduation is next Friday evening!  So I decided to use photo booth (I've had this mac for almost 3 years and I don't think I've ever used photo booth) and take of picture of me, happy to finally have my cap and gown for next friday.
And as my 'something new' as mentioned in the post's title...may I introduce you to my cottage cheese forced-friendship.  I have never liked it.  There's something funky and not natural about the texture with the milkiness and the little chunks of mystery chewy stuff.  I'm dramatic, I know.  But it's just weird!  However, I have decided to be mature, and force myself to eat it on occasion.  Starting with today.  This picture is from ten minutes ago before my first attempt to eat it.  I'm forcing myself to like it because a) it's good for you and b) it will hopefully expand my array of snacks I can choose from in a given day.  Also, the only dairy products I actually like are plain (or honey) greek yogurt and any ice cream.  Notice milk and cheese are not on the list.  Notice only one of the two are even good for you.  Yeah, you agree, I need to expand my dairy options.
Ok, after putting some on the delicious triscuits...it's not that bad.  But, so far, if it's not touching a Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuit, I'm not touching it.  Have I mentioned I'm a bit stubborn?  Now you know.

Also, feel free to make fun of my self-portrait computer pictures.  I can take the belittlement.  But don't be surprised if photo booth's convenience factor results in more of these lovely self-portraits.  


------------------------------------------------------------
-Do you like cottage cheese?  What's your favorite snack?




4 comments:

Perry said...

I do like your self portraits. :) I hate cottage cheese. And all your reasons coincide with mine. My favorite snack as of late are strawberries!!! Mmmm can't get enough of them.

Rachel said...

Ooops the comment by "Perry" was actually from me.

The Lawrences said...

i love cottage cheese. only with blueberries. maybe try it with some granola too? I use it in lasagna as a substitute for ricotta cheese {i don't like that very much, too grainy?} You can use it in smoothies too.

Kristina said...

You're crazy. Cottage cheese is yum! I like it with pineapple!

Or, if you want to get realll funky, eat it on fritos. See how healthy I am??