Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunshine, puppies, and a movie

The week's weather changed for the better, making each day fabulous.  Because sunshine does that to everything it touches, duh.  In addition to the normal routine of occasional errands, occasional ambulance shifts, and rejuvenating runs, we spent a lot of time getting into spring mode.

Wednesday:  took Tina for an hour walk.  Yeah let's just say her paws were a little raw afterwards since it was her first good walk in...a while.

Thursday: hung out at the "dog park" (fenced off grass/gravel area in the center of our apt complex) with a couple friends and their dogs.  
This is Tina and Hazel peering over Morgan's shoulder at the big dog...not sure how they feel about her.
 I fell in love with this dog--she's so beautiful.  I am now considering a Weimaraner for our second dog.
If one was on her lap, the other had to be on her lap.
Apparently I only caught pictures of them sniffing, even though they played pretty much the whole time.
We finished off the day with turkey burgers, our favorite summer ships, salad, and fresh fruit.

Friday:  On shift with the ambulance.  BUT, after work, guess what we got to do.  Go ahead, guess.  We saw Hunger Games.  I read the books out loud to Z {kinda silly maybe, I know} while we lived in Atlanta over a year ago, and I was ecstatic when the movie was announced.  My friend bought us tickets to see it with them as a belated birthday/christmas gift to me--really, it wasn't necessary...but, it was extremely appreciated.  I loved the movie.  I plan to see it again when it comes to the 'cheap theater' in town.

Saturday:  My friend and I took our dogs on a nice walk to the park, walked ourselves to lunch nearby, then walked ourselves home. The minute we walked in the door, Tina laid on the couch and didn't move for hours...clearly exhausted from all that walking.

Sunday:  Church, lounging, food, more lounging.

Monday:  The weather decided to be its crazy self and it rained and hailed most the afternoon.  Oh and there was wind.  Lots of wind.  Luck for me, I started running before the weather acted up.  Not so lucky for me, it started raining with intensified winds a couple miles in.  At least I finished my run.

Tuesday (today): On shift with the ambulance.


------------------------------------------------------------
-What kind of dog would YOU get?  Do you even like them?  You can say no.
every kind.  seriously.  Z teases me that he has a fear of me becoming "the crazy dog lady"...

-What do you do when the sunshine comes out after a gloomy winter?
barbecues, barbecue chips, and walking the dog.  coming this summer: going to the lake/pool/beach/basically anything with water to splash in and something comfy to layout on.





No comments: