Friday, April 13, 2012

Last Friday Night

cue Katy Perry...  

It was everything I thought it would be and maybe more--I was so excited to strut my stuff in that cap and gown and was also so nervous to trip or something similarly dramatic while walking.

Lining up for commencement and super excited about it
 I'm not the blonde girl next to the stairs, I'm behind her, getting my coveted diploma cover
So happy for 1) finally walking and 2) not tripping 
Proud mama, excited daughter
My little sister was there, but somehow disappeared for the group pic.

We ended the night by joining the rest of the town in finding a place to eat out.  At almost 9pm we found ourselves at a pizza, salad, and pasta buffet.  Good way to end the night before a 9-miler the next morning, we definitely fueled our bodies.


------------------------------------------------------------------
-Did you walk when you received your bachelors/masters?  I'm happy to join the graduated gang.  For those dreaming of being apart of the gang, don't worry, it all goes by faster than you think--enjoy it!

-Anyone else a fan of pizza/salad/pasta buffets?  Don't lie.
I'm serious, it was good fueling for my morning run the next day.




2 comments:

Kristina said...

Jord and I walked together. I was SO stoked... But I was SOOOOO bored! Did you go to commencement AND the walking part? Maybe I'm way too ADD, but I was dying. I'm glad you had fun! Nothing feels better than graduating. Congrats!! =)

noelle said...

look how jazzed you are about walking! seriously, there's like a sparkle in your eye! bruce and i never walked. we both graduated in december and moved out to virginia right away where he was getting his masters at uva and i could start my job. now i'm all sad i never walked, so i could have an awesome cap and gown pic. shucks.