Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sorry, wrong number

After taking the pup for a walk, I did some errands that included returning stuff I shouldn't have spent the money on in the first place, buying a couple other things that could be argued to not completely be a 'need' but definitely not completely a 'want' {I can justify almost anything, it's a bad quality}, and getting groceries from Sam's club.  Silly me didn't pack enough snacks for my 'trip' to the city for errands, so I waited patiently in every line for the taste-testers at Sam's.  And don't pretend like that isn't one of the main reasons you shop at Sam's or Costco.  And because sometimes blog readers {mostly me} can't grasp that what they're reading actually happened or they get bored without seeing a picture, I took one of my cart while waiting for my taste-tester of marinated&grilled pork loin.  It was worth the wait.
Maybe this picture explains a few things about how our family rolls when it comes to food, maybe it doesn't.  But I hope you notice and appreciate the large tub of cottage cheese in the back left.  How proud of me are you?  By the way, I never mentioned how much I enjoyed the responses and suggestions to help my cottage cheese fear.  I'll let you know if I get the courage to broaden my horizon from my triscuits.  Some of the suggestions were: adding bananas & cinnamon & a sweetener to make it taste like banana pudding, or add blueberries, or add granola, or put it in a smoothie, or substitute it for ricotta in lasagna {I've actually done this one before}, or eat it with pineapple, and the most unexpected but funny one "Or, if you want to get realll funky, eat it on fritos. See how healthy I am??"  I loved that one.  And yeah, super funky, I just might have to try it.  What else is in my cart?  Because I'm sure you're so curious.  The big bag in the back is frozen strawberries for our daily shakes, underneath it is chicken breast, then you have your 5 dozen eggs {because between Z's egg fetish and my occasional baking, we finish them quicker than you might think}, grapes because they're delicious, pineapple because the taste-tester was beyond mouth-watering and the nice lady told me how to pick a good one, beef jerky because sometimes it just hits the spot {but mostly because Z almost can't live without it}, cliff protein bars because Z almost can't live without it, cliff mojo bars because I almost can't live without it, pita chips because they are bomb.com with the hummus next to the strawberries, the top of the bag you can barely see is chocolate protein powder, and lastly tortilla chips, because we're mexican and sometimes the only thing that sounds good for a snack is chips and salsa.  I can't believe how long that run-on sentence was, my english teachers would be so disappointed.

Now I have to document my attempt at going on a 'run' with my dog.  Yeah she may be tiny, but anybody who's spent 0.5 seconds around her knows she has energy to spare.  She's just a super happy, friendly, speedy energizer bunny who rarely stops and who would love to lick your face.  Z has always mentioned that I should take her on a mile run at the beginning or end of my runs.  So while I was walking her yesterday, I decided to give it a shot.  There were three attempts: 1) she stopped dead in her tracks after about 15 yards when she realized I wasn't going to stop running and she didn't see our home, 2) she stopped after about 4 seconds when she realized what I was trying to do to her again after she had clearly just let me know she didn't want to, and 3) she ran the last stretch home, about 25 yards, and I was so proud.  Not sure if she'll be up for it again any time soon, but it was fun while it lasted.

And I should probably mention my embarrassing moment that turned into just plain funny.  I have Z, my parents, and my siblings on speed dial.  Yesterday I dialed #5 to call my brother Jacob, waited for an answer, no answer, and then the nice computer-voice lady tells me his mailbox is full.  So I text him.
me:  You don't answer AND your voicemail is full??  Jeez.
him:  Sorry this just woke me up
him:  Who is this
me:  Wha?? It's Natalie.  Get out of here
him:  Sorry. What's up
me:  K just call when you're awake
him:  It's okay calling u now
I know I sound upset and not nice, but, I wasn't upset in the least and my siblings and I have this somewhat sarcastic-y 'tough love' kind of way we talk to each other {may not be ideal, but it works for us and we know we love each other}.  Then he proceeds to call me.  But, it's not my brother Jacob, it's someone named Monica.  Wha??  Luckily she was extremely kind and after a couple minutes of confusion, I realized I had called Jacob's old number because I never though to change it on my speed dial.  That just tells you how often I call my brother when he's had a new number for over a month.  It's okay, he calls me, so it works.  

--------------------------------------------------------------
-Any Sam's or Costco goers?  What's your favorite thing you get from there?

-Please tell me someone has dialed the wrong number before...awkward but funny, right?


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I like your questions these days. I always want to comment on how funny you are when you write but that would just be lame if its my only comment every time lol. so Yes I'm a costco goer. I do it mostly for samples and buy about one thing each time I go but my most favorite thing at costco is their frozen strawberries! I've never dialed a wrong number but people call me all the time with a wrong number... all the time like 4 times a year.