Monday, February 20, 2012

Day "off"

Today is Presidents Day.  Know what that means?  Me neither.  However, I'm almost positive it's Washington's birthday.  

The not-so-distant 'student mentality' of mine recognizes Presidents day as the reason for a long weekend, which meant I had an extra day of studying.  My current 'I'm a college grad mentality', forgot {slash didn't know} it was a holiday.  And Z is at work, probably completely oblivious as well. 

Although we're not being particularly festive or patriotic today, we did enjoy our weekend.  Friday consisted of "the usual".  
I took a picture of Z while we were window shopping because 
sometimes I just can't help it--look at that face.

And these are my cute flowers I bought for $2.88...because how could I pass that up?  
They're just so happy.

Saturday, I worked.  Aka, I was "on call" with the first ambulance--meaning any medical emergency for those 12 hours, the crew and I were responsible for.  It was a surprisngly slow day in the 911/emergency world, so I spent a good portion of my shift at home.  While at home, I decided that we had lots of roma tomatoes and I knew they'd be rotting soon if I didn't use them.  So naturally, I had to make pico.  What can I say, it's the hispanic side of me that screams for attention now and then.

Just ignore the creepy face and focus on the pico...
 

And this is the snow storm that came through this weekend.  Despite what the picture may depict, the snow was quite beautiful.

He and the dog wanted a closer look at the snow

Thank you snow storm for putting us in the mood for movies and popcorn.  Really, thank you!  But instead of an actual movie, I talked Z into watching a show with me...  It's called 'Once upon a time'.  A couple people had told me about it and the movie mood reminded me of it.  We ended up watching the first three episodes that night and loved it {well, I was all over it and Z teased my enthusiasm}.  I got all giddy and excited that we finally "have a show" again.

Sunday consisted of sleeping, church meetings, and little service opportunities that the hubby and I stumbled upon.  Sundays are splendid and definitely a time of rejuvenation to start off a new week. 

Hope you all are enjoying this Presidents day as a day off from whatever your typical days demand of you!

2 comments:

John and Emily said...

You made PICO and didn't call or share? What the heck Nat, I thought we were friends. lol. LOVE YOU!!!

Leenie said...

Sweet dealio on the flowers. We definitely need a bundle to brighten up the home!