Friday, February 3, 2012

Our Fridays

I don't think I ever posted about how I graduated in December...kind of a big deal...  And I'm thinking I'll save that post for later, after I actually 'walk'.  Ya know, the most important and official part about graduating...I'm half joking.

Now, my reference to graduating is relevant because I had to remind you that I am finished with classes, allowing more flexibility to my schedule {to say the least} on my days off of work.

Two days after getting home from our Christmas break, the man of the house started a new job.  Normally he manages the University's welding lab and metal shop, but he is only allowed to have that job while he is a full-time student.  SO, guess what.  He's not a full-time student this semester!  I love it because this means when he's not working, or working out, I get him all to myself!  What makes it even more fabulous is that his work schedule is as follows:  Monday through Thursday, 6am-5pm.  Sure they're 10-hour days {and it definitely tires him out}, BUT it means that he has a long weekend every weekend.  Never mind the fact that our bedtime goal is 9pm Sunday through Wednesday night.


Friday mornings {when I'm not scheduled for work} is what we look forward to every week.  It is the morning that Zuriel is most exhausted and he finally gets to sleep in.  We wake up slow, go for a run, have a good breakfast, and take it easy!  It's unreal.  He and I have never both been out of school during the same semester in the last four years we've been together.  Some Fridays we've hung out all day in our pjs.  Others we'll run a few errands.  Others we'll drive to the next closest city and spend the day window shopping and buying things and meals with gift cards we somehow almost forgot we had. 

The photo on the right was taken at Sportsmans Warehouse with my phone...after showing Zuriel the picture he says, "Oh my gosh!  You can't even see me!  Can I get it?!"  Love him.  His excitement over the most random things kills me--I love it.

And one friday we even went out to see a movie early in the evening, only to return home and cuddle to another movie that same night--making sure to not leave out banana splits and air popped popcorn.






 Notice the difference in the 'organization' of the banana splits...yeah, mine is the one without the yucky maraschino cherries and with the bananas purposefully diced.  It just tastes better that way--trust me.

Moral of the story--I've loved our Fridays together.



1 comment:

Chans Fam said...

So glad you and the hubs FINALLY get some time to enjoy each other! Soak it up!