Monday, February 27, 2012

Four more days

We enjoyed a weekend of the 'official' final hockey game of the season {in an indoor hockey rink that was just as cold as the outdoor rink}, a good run on Saturday, movie time, and yummy food, all while Z's sister was in town visiting--it was fabulous.  We also got to meet her boyfriend, who was perfectly kind, funny, and easy going.  We approve.

Today began with a visit to the chiropractor.  I am a big fan of chiropractors.  Sometimes I wish my husband was a construction man and a chiropractor...it would really save us some money and be extremely convenient {c'mon hun, it's a good idea}.  Lucky for me, my chiropractor doubles as a running mentor.  He is a sports chiropractor and helps keep me on track with my training, heals my IT band when it acts up, and heals other injuries and discomforts that inevitably arise.

In other news, there are only four more days until the big day.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........       
The big day of 26.2 miles.

That 'ah' was a mix of excitement and anxiety all rolled up into one big, mexican burrito.  With extra excitement on top.  Did that make sense?  Hope so.  I'm waiting for a crock pot full of tortilla soup to finish cooking, so I have mexican food on my mind {my excuse for the burrito comparison}.

Have I mentioned Z is running a half-marathon when I run my full marathon?  My dad and I are running the full, my mom and Z are running the half, and my two youngest brothers are running the 5k.  This means it'll be a very memorable day.  This also means we are flying to Texas to run our races!  We fly out Thursday morning and I am so excited.  

The team before their final game
A smile on his face while waiting out his 2 minutes in the penalty box...

Way to finish the season with a victory boys!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Chiropractor's are amazing!! Im glad my hubby turned out to be one :)
Good Luck on your Marathon Natalie!!